- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or replace with flavoring of your choice) extract
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in powdered sugar slowly and carefully. I put mine in through sections. Mix together on a low level.
- Add in vanilla extract or flavoring and milk.
- Now is the time to add in food coloring if you choose.
- The most important part comes now: to taste it. 🙂 I’m not fond of cream cheese, so, if you’re like me, who found it a bit overpowering, add in more butter, powdered sugar, or flavoring. If you love cream cheese, this is definitely the “go to” recipe for you! Normally, you wouldn’t even know that there is cream cheese in here, but I’m picky:).
- Serve on a slightly warm (best if thoroughly cooled) cake to get a great piping consistency. Enjoy!!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of frosting.