– 1 (15.25 ounce) box chocolate Devil’s Food Cake mix
– 1 box (appx. 6 ounces) of Jello brand instant chocolate pudding mix
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup room temperature water
– 1 bag (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer to use mini morsels, though anything will work)
– 1 cup sour cream (I like to use Daisy brand)
– 9 inch Bundt pan
– baking spray
– 1 cup (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
– 3/4 cup (6 ounces) boiling heavy whipping cream
– 3 tablespoons sweet cream butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon powdered/confectioners sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven 350′. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix eggs, oil, and water. Add pudding mix, then cake mix. Mix until smooth. Little by little, spoon in sour cream while mixer is on. Add chocolate chips.
2. Grease Bundt pan with baking spray, or as I was using this time, organic Olive Oil spray from Trader Joe’s (works really well). Pour batter into greased pan. The bowl will be heavy, so I asked someone to hold the bowl while I poured the batter in. Make sure to evenly spread the batter around the pan.
3. Bake 50-55 minutes in the oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool thoroughly before inverting onto a flat surface. I choose to level my cake the slightest bit (optional).
4. Make the ganache; Boil heavy cream and melt butter. This can be done over the stove or quickly in the microwave as I did. Add 1 cup semisweet chocolate to bowl and mix slowly until ganache forms and is smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer cake to a serving plate (I used a cake table turner). Slowly pour ganache over the top and sides of the cake. I used a squeezy-candy bottle for this step. Sift powdered sugar over the ganache as garnish. Serve while warm with vanilla ice cream (optional). Plastic ceram wrap will keep the cake good and moist for up to 8 days. Enjoy!