– 1 jar of nutella
– rolling pin
– 6 slices of bread (or the amount of nutella rolls you would like, 1 slice of bread makes one roll)
– banana, strawberries, blueberries, or other fruit
– 2 eggs plus 3 tablespoons of water plus 1/4 teaspoon salt
– a couple tablespoons of butter, I recommend 4, then divide it
– 1/4-1/2 cup powdered or caster sugar
– 2 tablespoons cinnamon (optional)
1) On a plate, mix powdered sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2) In a bowl, combine eggs, water, and salt. Mix good, then set aside.
3) Roll your bread flat (either white or wheat, both work well) and remove crusts. Spread on about 1 tablespoon of nutella to each slice of bread. Add fruit to the slice of bread, then roll closed. The nutella will help to keep the slice of bread closed. If you are having trouble keeping the roll closed, you can add a little bit of nutella at the closure and that should hold it. In a skillet, heat the butter at medium heat.
4) Once all your rolls have been rolled, (:p that is really fun to say!) dip them in the egg mixture. Yeah, it is kind of gross to do this part. You can where gloves, or you can use tongs like me. Dip them completely, then, put them in the pan with butter (if the butter is burnt, add some more which clears everything up, that is why you have extra tablespoons of butter instead of one) and cook for about 1 minute on each side, flipping and rolling, or until everything is golden brown. Cool for a couple seconds before proceeding to the next step.
5) Once you cooled your roll, put it on the plate with the powdered sugar/cinnamon mix. Roll it around until it is covered in the mix. The place it on another plate.
6) Repeat to remaining rolls. I find that 2 rolls per person is a good amount since they are sort of small, and plus, even though one is small, 2 fills you up pretty quickly. But, you can have as many as you like.
7) This part is completely optional. So what I did was plate my rolls in a tower, then cut up some remaining fruit and placed it on the outside of my rolls, just to go with it. You can see the picture above for how to plate nicely for ideas. That’s how I plated mine. Sprinkle some powered sugar and cinnamon on the fruit for extra taste. By the way, honey and syrup go really well with the rolls, but again, that part is totally optional.
8) Now for the best part: eating it! Serve and enjoy as a breakfast. Enjoy!!