- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1) In a stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
2) When butter is creamed, add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Mix until you get something that looks like chocolate crumbs.
3) When you reach that consistency, add the milk and vanilla. Beat until well combined. I usually make two batches of this recipe for my cake, but it’s totally up to you. This works very good for piping borders and decorations as well. Frost, and enjoy!